From SLA Toronto's website:
Library Assistant (Contract)
Goodmans LLP is recognized as one of Canada’s leading transaction law firms. With a strategic entrepreneurial approach, Goodmans delivers intelligent solutions with the responsiveness, energy, talent and determination it takes to get the deal done. We are committed, hard-working professionals who are motivated by exceeding our clients’ expectations. We look for people with commitment, initiative and a creative flair who thrive in a fast paced environment and respect and recognize each other’s individual contribution to our success.
We are currently seeking a Library Assistant for a three (3) month contract to ensure the efficient operation of the Library by providing technical and administrative support. Reporting to the Director, Library and Records, this position is an important part of our Library Services team.
This position will assist Library and Records staff with several special projects, including the following:
• Organization of a legal practice area library collection
• Development of a firm archives program
• Implementation of a library automation project
• Assisting with other library and records projects, activities and events as needed
• Students enrolled in MLS, MIS or Library Technician Diploma programs; recent graduates are also encouraged to
• Basic knowledge of Library Services an asset.
• Proficient knowledge of MS Office Suite including: Outlook, Word and Excel an asset.
• Familiarity with EOS an asset.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Service oriented; adaptable and flexible to the changing demands of the position.
• Experience in a professional services environment an asset.
To apply, please go to http://www.goodmans.ca and follow the links under “Careers”.
Application deadline is Monday, April 14th, 2014.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Goodmans LLP, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.